Monday, September 5, 2011

Where O where

has this summer gone,
O where o where did it go.

So many things I  wanted to do,
O where o where did it go!

So some times I have this funny nack of changing words for a tune, and you just got in on this one- just ask my kids).  Really I'm no poet, but some times it rolls out! As for  music projects, well they have been sitting on the back burner for a couple of months.

As for summer, at least we are still having some warm days this week.  Can't say we have a huge tomatoe crop as  does my dear friend in harmony hollow.  But we do have some ripening.  ( by the way, we share Aug for our anniversary month - two weeks apart)We can grow potatoes and berries here.  We had 5 different berries yesterday. All Fresh!

So this summer I:

Planned to sort closets in June- Not till Aug.!
Planned to catch up on mending/ sewing- just getting goin'
Planned to spend time relaxing- just hoping here and there.
Planned to make grass house and play "house" again- maybe, the grass is still tall! 5'or more!
Planned to play fox and goose in the mowed pie-  It's still there!
Planned to vaccume all the corners- spent weekends camping or having company
Planned to catch up on some bloging- here I am after two months.

Am enjoing walking  in the cool mornings
Am enjoying a new morning routine
Am enjoying the growing/ changing garden
Am enjoying my growing/ maturing girls
Am thankful that there is a wood pile to split/ stack
Am thankful for friends and family to visit with this summer
Am thankful for the changing scenery each day.
Am thankful for an ipod for music/ books to listen to
Am thankful for the time to learn and grow with my kids
Am thankful for my caring/devoted husband and friend
Am thankful for Indian Summer!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment