Friday, September 23, 2011

O Lamb of God! Still Keep Me

Today for the first time, I read this hymn.
Some hymns focus on our fidelity to God- our keeping ourselves in the Way.
 but this one focuses on God keeping us. - Always with our consent.
If we could but have this thought permeate our beings, our thoughts, our conversations, many more feet might desire to walk in the Way.  "The Lord is My Shepherd- I shall not want"
We have a dear friend, now sleeping, that loved just this sort of hymn, and always introduced songs for the worship hour with the warmth and love of God in focus.  I miss those holy hours. May the torch still burn.....

O Lamb of God! still keep me Near to Thy wounded side:
Tis only there in safety And peace I can abide!
What foes and snares surround me, What doubts and fears within!
The grace that sought and found me, Alone can keep me clean.

Tis only in Thee hiding I know my life secure-
Only in Thee abiding, The conflict can endure.
Thine arm the victory gaineth O'er every hateful foe;
Thy love my heart sustaineth In all its care and woe.

Soon shall my eyes behold Thee, With rapture, face to face;
One half hath not been told me Of all Thy power and grace.
Thy beauty, Lord and gloy, The wonders of Thy love,
Shall be the endless story Of all the saints above.





No comments:

Post a Comment