Friday, September 30, 2011

Rumbling wheels

Whisperers and scurring feet went flying around the corner as the rumbling wheels of the UPS truck rolled into the drive.  The dog must be sleeping around the corner, as she didn't bark, or  perhaps by now she consideres the delivery man her friend, since he usually tosses here a  cookie bone.

So I'm asigned "out" of the bedroom, as the whispering and hurrying continues.  As some of you may know birthdays in our home are spread.... out.... over the month.  Mine was last and so I can't help but expect that the scurring and whispering have something to do with ..uh..me? 
Well, I was about to head to the garden and rescue some seeds before the moist weather hits on  the weekend, and get some refresing sunshine and air after spending to many day indoors this beautiful week.  But I've been informed that I'm supposed to say close by for.....? something....hummmm.

Am planning mini green houses with the croup tents by dear husband brought from work.  Have an idea how to anchor them, but make them accessable. The lettuce and spinich should  winternicely under them.  But until it's cold there is so much to finish up out there.  Last year we cleaned out the tomatoes when some cooler weather came, but then we had 2-3 wks more mild weather, infact the beginning of Nov. was beautiful.  Hmmmm. Each year is different. I will be sad to see the warm indian summer leave.

When can I go outside? Well see!

1 comment: