Friday, September 16, 2011

All Cleaned up!

 Had to have the house cleaned up early for an apraisal.  Guess well find out what all our hard work around here for past few years has amounted to in dollar value.  All to obtain a lower interest rate, welcome though that is.

So... now that the house is clean and in order I have to go to the kitchen and cook up a storm- or so it seems and then clean it all up again.  Oh well.  Am going to bake a carrot cake for Bethany, Amy and  me.  We all had birthdays within the last month.  Then there's food to prepare for Sabbath and several flats of berries to pick, and beds to make up for the family that's coming  in tonight.

Yester day I had a huge list- more than should be done in one day.  Scrubbed the shower, scrubbed the kitchen stove, including the grate which is always an hour plus job.  Canned green beans, and made Julie's sprouted wheat bread. Which is really good, though I let it rise just a tid bit to long, and think the texture would be finer if I let it grind longer.   Then about 7 pm, Bethany launched into giving me a perm. Yes I wish I had a more curly head naturally, and I'm just not ready to go to a short cut. But we were done by 9:30.  So that feels good to have all those big things done in one day Whew!

Went before breadfast to the garden to get potatoes- They are wonderful this year. And tomatoes, and cucumbers, and zucchini and ground cherries, and O the corn is ready! Wow.  Nice to go shopping  in back yard.

One of these days I will have more pictures to post. Since I'm not the main camera toter around here and most of the pictures are on my husbands computer, I only have some old one today.  Perhaps some day I will have a long..... post of pictures.

This was last years picture but looks nearly the same this year!

Graci is a year older but still can sack out and is such a good farm girl. 
We love her!

Blessings to all and have a Happy Sabbath when it arrives.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely produce!!!

    Thank you for the package! The dresses won't fit for a while yet, but she likes the bright colors.

    We have pears to do today!

    ReplyDelete